Art, Design, and Content Creation
- Celebrating AAPI Heritage Month With Our Community on Discord's blog
- Building Community out of Discord is a feature on my experiences in growing large online communities by Santa Clara University
- The Unbreakable is a feature on my journey on switching career paths, getting Zoom bombed, and leading the design community
- Virtual Biology is an article about my original educational virtual reality video game, Cell-fie.
- Cell-fie was featured in Santa Clara University’s Innovating with a Mission campaign video
- My art business, Candyleaf Designs, was featured in the news.
- Cell-fie was also featured on the homepage of scu.edu in December 2017.
- My food art has been featured on large platforms such as Sprouts Farmer’s Market, Spoon University, The Feed Feed, Hello Kitty, Youth Runner Magazine, and many more.
- Delivering the Goods is an article about my research on gene therapy in Dr. Bill Lu MD-PhD’s lab in SCU’s Bioengineering Department.
- My research was also featured on the homepages of the School of Engineering, Bioengineering, and Computer Science/Engineering in Fall 2017 – Winter 2018.
Cross Country and Track
I have also recently started blogging about design, career, and community building on Medium.
- Sequential deletion of CD63 reveals critical domains for exosome targeting and surface engineering (American Society for Exosomes and Microvesicles, Jun 2017)
- Engineering Exosomes for Gene Delivery (Sep 2017)
- Virtual Reality Games in the Classroom to Increase Global Learning Engagement (Global Education Conference, November 2019)
- Using Social Media to Motivate Students and Expand Classroom Boundaries (Student Technology Conference, November 2016)
- From students’ perspectives: Engaging teenagers in learning via social media while gaining global viewpoints (Global Education Conference, November 2015)